The Canadian Forces Snowbirds will grace the skies over Semiahmoo Bay with an amazing 45 minute aerial demonstration k on Wednesday, August 16 as part of the community’s Canada 150 celebrations. The show will begin at 5:45pm and Snowbirds T-shirts, hats & raffle tickets will be sold all day long with proceeds benefiting the CH.I.L.D Foundation. It’s going to be a lot of fun and probably a little crazy in the ‘hood that day, with all of the Canada 150 events taking place, so here are a few tips to help you plan the optimum viewing experience!
- Read up on the Snowbirds and learn more about them and how they are helping out the CH.I.L.D foundation and how you can help out as well!
- Plan your trip to White Rock, keep in mind there will be lots of traffic and limited parking so come down early and join in on all events.
- Make sure you are dressed right for the weather on that day, so sunscreen, hats and sunglasses for a sunny day!
- Unsure you can get a seat? Bring your own chair or picnic blanket to have comfortable seating and be in a great spot for watching!
- Make sure your phones, camera’s or video cameras are all charged up for the day to capture the day.
- There are more events happening the same day so be ready for a concert, fireworks, food trucks, raffle tickets, t-shirts and hats!
- The Snowbirds do get loud so be prepared to protect your own and your families ears with ear plugs or earmuffs.
- White Rock will be extremely busy with huge crowds of people and lots of traffic, so be prepared for difficulty arriving/leaving that day!
Visit the City of White Rock website for more information.