- This event has passed.
Awesome photos and video in the Peace Arch News from the last event, check them out: https://www.peacearchnews.com/community/video-green-team-combats-invasive-plants-in-white-rock-park/
TWO STEPS YOU NEED TO TAKE TO PARTICIPATE
STEP 1: Resister at a Green Team volunteer: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
You only ever have to register as a volunteer ONCE
STEP 2: Register for this July 15 activity: http://goo.gl/bY28pb
Please always use your own unique email address for all online forms. That’s the only way we know who you are.
We volunteer rain or shine
WHERE WE WILL MEET:
Parking lot at Anderson St and Vine Ave in White Rock (the east side of the track) . The closest biggest intersection is Oxford St and 16th Ave/North Bluff Rd. Parking passes available for anyone coming, so please let us know well in advance.
WHAT TO BRING
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains
• If it’s sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• We’ll send you a survey to ask for your feedback
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you on request
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://goo.gl/hctXBv
• Photos may end up in a local newspaper!
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted to show what a big impact you’ve made here: https://www.greenteamscanada.ca/category/lmgt-in-action/
PARTNER FOR THIS ACTIVITY:
City of White Rock: http://www.whiterockcity.ca
This forward thinking municipality understands the importance of partnering with a local charity to increase community engagement, raise environmental awareness and increase their capacity to improve their local parks!