[Cancelled … due to unforeseen technical issues. The City of White Rock is working to reschedule.]
The Canadian Forces (CF) Snowbirds will pay White Rock a visit on the afternoon of Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 2:00pm. This visit is in celebration of White Rock’s longstanding relationship with the Snowbirds who have performed above the pier many times over the years.
As a part of this visit, the City will be unveiling a commemorative Snowbirds sign on the White Rock Promenade in recognition of this longstanding relationship.
The community is invited to watch the Snowbirds demonstration, which is expected to last approximately 5-10 minutes and attend the sign unveiling. Mayor Megan Knight and two Snowbird pilots will be in attendance and will provide remarks.
Credit: Canadian Forces Snowbirds / Facebook
It’s going to be a lot of fun and probably a little crazy in the ‘hood that afternoon so here are a few tips to help you plan the optimum viewing experience!
- Plan your trip to White Rock, keep in mind there will be lots of traffic and limited parking so come down early to stake out your spot!
- Make sure you are dressed for the weather, so sunscreen, hats and sunglasses for a sunny day (fingers crossed)!
- Bring your own chair or picnic blanket to have comfortable seating and be in a great spot for watching!
- Make sure your phones and camera are all charged up for the day to capture the show!
- The Snowbirds can get loud so be prepared, if necessary, to protect your more sensitive viewers’ ears with headphones.
- We anticipate that White Rock will be extremely busy that afternoon, so pack your patience when arriving and leaving.
Visit the City of White Rock website for more information.