Event cancellation notice: the Canadian Forces Snowbirds Fly for C.H.I.L.D. at White Rock event planned for Aug 9, 2022 has been cancelled due to the recent anomaly involving a CT114-Tutor aircraft. Unfortunately, the subsequent investigation will not have the appropriate answers needed in time to proceed with the event.
The Canadian Forces Snowbirds will grace the skies over Semiahmoo Bay with an amazing 45-minute aerial demonstration on Tuesday, August 9 at 6:00 pm. The Fly for C.H.I.L.D show will begin at 6:00 pm and the performance will last about 45 minutes.
The C.H.I.L.D Foundation funds research for children dealing with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and liver disorders.
The show will feature the Snowbirds’ aerial demonstration team, and the performance will last about 45 minutes. As well, White Rock resident Scott Harrold, who is the civil Snowbird co-ordinator/director of operations for the Snowbirds, will provide commentary before and during the performance.
Credit: Canadian Forces Snowbirds / Facebook
It’s going to be a lot of fun and probably a little crazy in the ‘hood that evening so here are a few tips to help you plan the optimum viewing experience!
- Please note that the White Rock Pier will be closed for the event from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Read up on the Snowbirds and learn more about them and how they are helping out the C.H.I.L.D foundation and how you can help out as well!
- Plan your trip to White Rock, keep in mind there will be lots of traffic and limited parking so come down early to stake out your spot!
- Make sure you are dressed right for the weather, so sunscreen, hats and sunglasses for a sunny day (fingers crossed)!
- Bring your own chair or picnic blanket to have comfortable seating and be in a great spot for watching!
- Make sure your phones and camera are all charged up for the day to capture the show!
- The Snowbirds can get loud so be prepared, if necessary, to protect your more sensitive viewers’ ears with headphones.
- We anticipate that White Rock will be extremely busy that evening, so pack your patience when arriving and leaving.
Visit the City of White Rock website for more information.